During this program, sophomores
- discuss the expectations of college admissions, including the average GPA and SAT/ACT scores that students have to be admitted to colleges that are popular in this region
- identify resources that help students find academic success in high school and in college
- tour the campus
- visit specific classrooms (today, we toured the allied health and nursing practical labs - including a mannequin that told us that it felt sick - as well as the automotive shop, where we saw vehicles from next year's GM model line for students to practice)
- take a short Holland code career interest inventory and learn the value of finding a good career fit
- stop in and see the large gymnasium that's on campus (with reminders of the March 5 college fair)
- have lunch provided in the dining hall
As a bonus, today's program resulted in our scheduling a Parallel Enrollment Program information session for February 7, from 6:30 to 7, immediately following the #PHSfit college fair.
The students returned in time for 7th period, and promised to check with their teachers to get caught up on what they missed in their classes!